Frequently Asked Questions
What is a website maintenance service?
- Building a website is just the beginning. Everything under the sun needs maintenance, particularly if technology is involved in it. So is the case with websites too.
- Website maintenance is the process of keeping a website up-to-date and running smoothly as well as performing optimally. Website maintenance includes tasks like ensuring all the links on your site are working, regularly updating content, and fixing any broken links. It also involves more general housekeeping tasks like backing up your site regularly and monitoring your site’s performance.
- It is necessary to keep your website updated, whether you are a huge organization, a small business or an individual. This enables you to interact and connect with targeted customers and potential guests on your website while also preventing severe issues.
- You will have peace of mind knowing that your website is secure, reliable and healthy at all-time.
Why is website maintenance important?
- Your website is most likely the very first thing potential consumers look for, and they’re looking for relevant information, quality, and expertise at the same time. This is when website maintenance becomes crucial. Regular content revisions will assist your website to engage and maintain visitors while also maintaining a high search ranking.
- There are numerous other reasons to keep your website updated on a regular basis, including:
- Enhances User Satisfaction
View your website from the perspective of a visitor. You will be irritated if the processing speed is slow and there are broken links all over the site. However, you will be pleased if the website is well-maintained, with good web design and necessary details. After all, your top priority is to provide a great user experience. Your visitors will be impressed with a good website, which will encourage them to use your products and services. Furthermore, by suggesting your brand to their family and friends, they become brand promoters.
- Improves Your SEO
Google favors websites that are well-optimized and deliver the most valuable content. However, if your website’s redirects are ineffective, your company’s search engine ranking will suffer. If Google examines your website and detects issues, you may be de-indexed. The main purpose of your website is to generate visitors, therefore keeping it up to date with relevant data, news, keywords, and other information can help you remain current.
- Boosts Protection
There is nothing more essential than the security of your website, especially if it stores sensitive data. Frequent software upgrades and security updates are essential for keeping your website secure and protected. Hackers may be attracted to a website that hasn’t been updated in a long time. Furthermore, failing to address security problems for a prolonged period of time might result in downtime or possibly total business failure.
What are included in the website maintenance service?
- Security audit – Regular update from security vulnerabilities
Website load – Examine whether your website’s pages load rapidly and without any problems
Links – Make sure there aren’t any broken links on the pages
404 – Investigate your website for 404 errors and resolve them
Plugins – Make sure your site’s software and plugins are up-to-date
Forms – Examine all the forms to make sure they’re working properly
Content – Text or image replacement only
Site speed – Check load speed and ensure nothing is bogging it dow
Browsers test – Test the website on all devices to see if it displays correctly and compatible with all browsers
Software updates –Install regular software updates and security patches
Backup – Create a backup of your website’s data to verify that it is safe
Following are some exclusions that are not included in the website maintenance:
- UI/UX: design / (re)design, layout / (re)layout of any sort
- Development: coding / re-coding / development
- Text: generation / copywriting / translation / review
- Illustration: drawing / creation / coloring / rendering
- Photo: research / purchase / license / retouching / photography
- Content: generation / copywriting / translation / review / proof-reading
- Backend: Management / data entry / rewiew / edit / modifications
- Cloud services: domain name / cloud hosting / email marketing subscription
- Data migration
- Additional Services – Available upon request.
How is a website maintenance service billed?
- Website maintenance service is an annual fee that is paid up front before the service is ordered. Essentially, you are paying for time versus a specific maintenance service on your website to monitor it for faults regularly and ensure that everything is fully updated and responsive.
How many hours would you allocate for a yearly website maintenance service?
- We allocate a set number of hours per year for the web maintenance service, normally between 18 to 24 hours. To ensure optimal project allocation and effective workload management, any hours not used will not be carried forward and will expire automatically. Overage in hours or services that are not in the scope of work will be made available at an additional cost, and will be billed separately, upon an approved proposal or at our standard hourly rates:
- Creative design work 60.00 US Dollars
- Adaptation design work 40.00 US dollars
- Development work depends on the requested type of work, however the average hourly rate is 60.00 US Dollars
- Tailor-made maintenance plans – Available upon request
Is there a minimum commitment?
- Normally, website maintenance services are billed annually. So, there is a 1 year (12 consecutive months) commitment, renewable upon approval.