Frequently Asked Questions
What is a graphic design retainer and how does it work?
- A retainer program is like a monthly design fee. It is paid up front before work is ordered. Essentially, you are paying for time versus a specific service.
- It is perfect for businesses who need marketing materials on a monthly basis, but don’t want to hire a full-time designer.
- Based on the retainer program you select; we will block out our schedule with the appropriate number of hours each month and plan our workload accordingly.
- You have peace of mind knowing that you will receive a pre-established amount of work each month, without having to worry about what other client projects are ahead of you!
Why choose a retainer program?
- A retainer fee is the perfect monthly solution if you have on-going design work you need throughout the year, but don’t want to hire a full-time designer on your staff.
- The purpose of a retainer program is to secure a professional designer to help with all your design needs and build a long-term relationship with someone who knows your brand.
- Savings & Discounts – If you know that you will need design services throughout the year, but don’t want to hire a full-time designer, our retainer programs are for you. You get a discounted rate on all of your design projects compared to our normal hourly rate. The more hours you commit to, the lower the rates you receive
- More Time & Peace of Mind – You will get priority! Since you are paying in advance, a block of time is already allocated to you each month. You can set deadlines with peace of mind that your project will be complete before they hit.
- Professional Designs – You get the access to a professional designer without the overhead costs of an employee. No need to worry about designing your own projects or learning design softwares – leave the work to us.
Is there a minimum commitment?
- Yes! There is a 3-month minimum commitment, whatever the program that you have selected.
- At the end of 3 months, we will re-evaluate the program to ensure the number of hours are fitting your business needs. After that, we can move to 6, 9, or 12-month commitments.
How are the hours calculated?
- Each retainer program includes a set number of hours per month. Overage in hours each month will be billed at the standard hourly rate of 65.00 US Dollars.
- Unused hours do not roll over and will expire at the end of each month. This is to ensure that we can allocate time for your projects each week and plan our workload accordingly.
- You will get an invoice on the first day of each month. Invoice will include the monthly retainer rate for that month and any additional charges from previous month.
What type of services can be used in the design retainer programs?
- Print Materials – Such as corporate identity, reports, brochures, leaflets, posters, menus, banners, event programs, etc.
- Digital Materials – Such as UI/UX design, presentations, digital templates, online banners, and other web graphics.
- Ad Design – Such as print and web ads.
Following are some exclusions that are not included in our retainer programs:
- Text generation, copywriting, review and translation
- Special illustration drawing, creation and rendering
- Web development, programming and coding
- Stock photography purchase and licensing
- Stock 3D purchase, license and rendering
- Website management, maintenance and update
- Social media creation and management
- Cloud services such as domain name, cloud hosting purchase and eMailer subscription
- Proof printing and printing
- Additional Services – Available upon request.